Fellow Old Guard Member, Family and Soldier
ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT TO MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION
AND ONLY 29 DAYS LEFT TO MAKE YOUR REUNION RESERVATION - FBI ACADEMY TOUR IS SOLD OUT - THERE IS A STANDY WAITING LIST
On behalf of the Board of Directors and Staff, we invite you to attend our 20th Annual Reunion and Banquet at our host hotel headquarters, the Sheraton Pentagon City, at 900 So. Orme St., Arlington, VA, on September 27th – Oct 1st. Our Four - Star hotel rate is $125.00 per night plus tax, includes complimentary internet, free parking and a continental breakfast each morning (excluding Sunday) in front of our Hospitality Room. We are happy to announce that our Banquet Guest Speaker will be Steve Doocy - host of the Fox & Friends "Fair & Balanced" Weekday Morning Show. Steve is a staunch supporter of our Militray Troops and Veteran Organizations and for our entertainment the “Strolling Strings” provided by the United States Army Band. Also, many of our brothers from the 1967-68 “Old Guard” 4th BN - 3RD Infantry Regt., Vietnam will be with us this year to celebrate their 50th Anniversary.
Please see the registration form or go to our website oldguard.org for event and price selection. Make your hotel reservations at 1(888) 627-8210, and ask for "2017 The Old Guard Association " room block, but don't wait...the blocked rooms will go fast at this attractive rate.
We plan to bring back all our former events:
- ♦ Once again will have another outstanding tour on Thursday morning going to the FBI Academy and lunch at the National Marine Corps Museum. This one you do not want to miss!!
- ♦ Our “Ladies” will enjoy another fun-filled morning at the TOGA Ladies “Country Kitchen Tea” as the guys go off to the Annual General Meeting…
- ♦ We will stand in silent reverence at the Tomb of the Unknowns for the Full Honor Ceremony as our wreath is placed there, and a Cordon to our Association's Memorial Plaque Ceremony…
- ♦ Stand Tall, March Proud, as TOGA's finest Pass in Review for our honored guests, the Regiment, and its leadership group...
- ♦ Lunch with the Troops is always a joyous event, as we share moments and stories with today's young Soldiers…
- ♦ The informal buffet reception in the “Galaxy Ballroom”, hosted by our Association President, will offer food and drink for our guests and the Regiment's staff… plus our Annual Auction.
- ♦ Enjoy the evening at our Gala Annual Banquet, featuring great food, entertainment, our guest speakers.
These great events, and more, are yours when you join us for another wonderful reunion with your friends of The Old Guard
We look forward to seeing you and your family and friends in September as we gather once again to share in the camaraderie with our brothers and sisters of being an Old Guard Soldier.
Montie Wagner, President
REUNION 2017 AT A GLANCE
Wed. Sept 27:
- PM Arrivals; TOGA check-in; Hospitality Room & QM Store opens 1600, Snacks and light beverages available
Thurs. Sept 28:
- AM Early Reveille for FBI Academy / Marine Corps Museum Tour guests; pick up continental breakfast, board coach, relax, enjoy the ride
- PM FBI Academy / Marine Corps Museum Tour coach returns to hotel around 1430 hrs. QM Shop opens 1600 Eve President’s Reception in Galaxy Ballroom around 1700, QM Store closed this evening
Fri. Sept 29:
- AM Hospitality Room, QM Store & Continental Breakfast: Open hours : 0800 - 1200 hrs
- PM All guests board coaches for ANC Full Honor Wreath Laying Ceremonies; Conmy Hall for Pass in Review - Lunch with Troops - Right Arm Night (TOG Lounge)
Saturday Sept 30:
- AM Wreath Laying Ceremony - Viet Nam War Memorial - OG 4/3 1967-68 Viet Nam; 5oth Anniversary
- AM TOGA Annual General Meeting - members only, please
- AM TOGA Ladies Tea
- PM Open hours, Hospitality and QM Store open 1400 – 1600 “Last Call for TOGA goodies” Eve Gala Banquet; US Army Band “Strolling Strings”
Sunday Oct 1:
- All Day Farewells and safe travel
- TOGA Complimentary Breakfast – Hospitality Room Area – Hrs, TBD: Scrambled Eggs, Fresh Fruit, Pastries, Bagels w/ Cream Cheese, Coffee and Tea
- Appropriate dress code for all venues is casual except for banquet; Men-Jacket & Tie; Ladies-Cocktail attire. Absolutely NO jeans, cut-offs, t-shirts, tube tops or flip flops in Arlington National Cemetery.
- ANC Appropriate attire: White TOGA shirt; white TOGA cap; black/navy blue pants; black footwear.
- A complete and detailed schedule of events and times will be in your Welcome Packet, and timely updates to the daily schedule will be posted near the Hospitality Room in the hotel lobby. Schedule subject to change.
Host Hotel Reservation Information
Once again, this year we are pleased to announce that the 20th Annual Reunion will be hosted by the
SHERATON PENTAGON CITY
(formerly the Sheraton National)
900 South Orme Street, Arlington, VA
Conveniently located at Columbia Pike, just off the Washington I-395 (N-Exit 8, S Exit 8A)
this Four Star hotel offers all the amenities you would expect of a fine hotel,
AT THE EXCEPTIONAL RATE OF $125.00 (+tax) PER NIGHT INCLUDING…
- ♦ Luxurious rooms with comfortable bedding and fine linens
- ♦ Complimentary parking and Internet for reunion-registered members
- ♦ Complimentary shuttle bus service to Pentagon-area shopping
- ♦ Rooftop heated, enclosed pool
- ♦ Spacious exercise room with modern equipment
- ♦ Short drive to access Fort Myer at Hatfield Gate
- ♦ Beautiful views of Washington, Arlington and vicinity
Add all these to TOGA’s exceptional event program and you have the making of
a great reunion without the customary Washington crowds and hot summer weather.
JUST DIAL 1(888)-627-8210, ASK FOR “2017 THE OLD GUARD ASSOCIATION REUNION” Room Block