About the Old Guard Association
The Old Guard Association (TOGA) was formed as the result of a conversation between an Old Guard Regimental Commander and a former Old Guardsman during the 1997 Veteran's Day observance at Arlington National Cemetery. A series of follow-on meetings soon established clear-cut goals and a mission for TOGA.
- To establish a permanent organization and further develop the common bond existing between all who have served with the 3d United States Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard).
- To maintain public records and publish the history and achievements of The Old Guard.
- To be of assistance and service in matters pertaining to veterans of The Old Guard.
- To perpetuate the memory of our deceased veterans of The Old Guard.
- To maintain close liaison with the active duty members of The Old Guard currently serving in the National Capital Region.
- To recognize outstanding Old Guard achievements with appropriate presentations.
- To publish a newsletter titled PRIDE to further TOGA's mission.
- Number of active members: 1171.
- Our 23rd reunion will take place from September. 15 through September. 19, 2021.
- The Old Guard Association Memorial Plaque and Stone in ANC were dedicated on November 11,1998.
- TOGA has contributed 10s of thousands of dollars over the years in support of TOG active duty Soldiers.