The Old Guard Association
(3d U.S. Infantry Regiment)
Members and Friends,
I’ve received several messages recently asking for an update on our reunion. Here’s the latest. Sadly, not much has changed since my last update on June 15th. If anything, COVID issues have gotten worse since then. The Board of Directors and the Reunion Committee continue to plan with the hope we can be together but as I told you in June, we will make the final decision in early August. I anticipate a Go/No Go decision on or before August 12th. I will let you know as soon as the Board authorizes me to do so. In addition, the Board is working on a plan re: our Annual General Meeting that takes place at the Reunion. We will have an alternative worked out for the reports and election if need be.
In the meantime, keep an eye on COVID restrictions in northern Virginia and DC. That will give you a sense of what to expect. If things ease up we’ll be ready for a Go call. Remember, there are no cancelation penalties. TOGA and the Sheraton will refund your fees if we have to cancel. Send your questions to email@example.com. Thanks again for your patience and be safe.
Flip Godfrey, President