A message from our TOGA President about COVID-19
I’m writing to strongly encourage you to follow federal, state and local guidelines about Covid-19, the coronavirus. I’m sure you’ve seen and heard a lot about it but I feel obligated to send you this message to reinforce all of that. The details below come from the VA’s website where you can find very helpful information.
- If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath – call your primary care doctor or the VA immediately. Remember, call before you go in. If you are a Vet and use the VA website you can log in to use the “Secure Messaging” feature to contact your VA doctor.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An easy way to mark the time is to hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice while scrubbing.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick or becoming sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue (not your hands) and throw the tissue in the trash.
Click here for more information at the VA website –
I encourage you to stay in touch with your TOGA brothers and sisters by phone, text or email. Our older members may need information or help that you can assist with
You know the drill. Please follow the directions to protect yourself, the people you love and your neighbors. We’re all in this together. Stay home if at all possible, even if you don’t have symptoms. Self-quarantine is how we’ll beat this. Wash your hands and be safe!
Flip Godfrey, President
The Old Guard Association